Featuring the voices of community ambassadors and healthcare professionals, the Take Up Space web-series celebrates the unique identities, experiences, knowledge and stories of people in Melbourne.
There are two series, covering themes like self image, sexual wellbeing, healthy relationships and more.
- Ep 1: What does taking up space mean to you?
- Ep 2: How did you find your community?
- Ep 3: What was your biggest challenge growing up in Melbourne?
- Ep 4: What is an STI? And what does it look like?
- Ep 5: I don’t want to use condoms. What are my options?
- Ep 6: How old do you need to be to buy condoms?
- Ep 7: How do you take up space professionally?
- Ep 8: How do you take up space socially?
- Ep 9: When have you been underestimated?
- Ep 10: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Filming took place at some of our favourite spots in Footscray.
Each video was shot, directed and edited by the wonderful Nikki Castle.
We would like to acknowledge the Traditional Owners of this land, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and Bunurong peoples of the Kulin Nation, and pay our respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We’d also like to acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded and that this was and always will be Aboriginal land.
You must be logged in to post a comment.